TOPIC 3. Global Climate Change
• Describe the enhanced greenhouse effect and list the five main greenhouse gases.
• Distinguish between positive and negative feedback and discuss water vapor and the aerosol effect as they relate to global climate change.
• Discuss some of the potential effects of global climate change.
• Give examples of ways to mitigate and adapt to global climate change, including carbon management.
• Define stratospheric ozone thinning and relate some of the harmful effects of ozone depletion.
• Define chlorofluorocarbons and explain how they and other chemicals attack ozone.
• Explain how acid deposition develops and relate some of the effects of acid deposition.
• Define forest decline and relate its possible causes.
• Describe how interactions among global climate change, ozone depletion, and acid deposition affect North American lakes.
Global Warming: Research for Parts I and II
Global Warming: Research for Parts I and II: DUE
STUDENT LED DISCUSSION