TOPIC 1. Biodiversity and Conservation
• Define biological diversity and distinguish among genetic diversity, species richness, and ecosystem diversity.
• Relate several important ecosystem services provided by biological diversity.
• Define extinction and distinguish between background extinction and mass extinction.
• Contrast threatened and endangered species, and list characteristics common to many endangered species.
• Define biodiversity hotspots and explain where most of the world’s biodiversity hotspots are located.
• Describe human causes of species endangerment and extinction.
• Explain how invasive species endanger native species.
• Briefly describe the benefits and shortcomings of the U.S. Endangered Species Act.
CURRENT EVENTS ACTIVITY 2 DUE
NOTE: Topic should be related to Biodiversity!
BIODIVERSITY ACTIVITIES DUE by the end of the period!